Saturday, July 25, 2009
















Friday 24 July 2009





Today, my family and I went out again on the city tour, this time to see the Changing of the Guards at the Horse Stables in St James Park. My husband admires horses but cannot afford to own one. So looking at them is enough to satisfy his admiration and silent passion for horses. It is also a good introduction for my grandson who was overwhelmed with the beautiful animals on parade in complete regalia performed by the Queen's Life Guards - House of Cavalry.
At the Entrance, I saw a charming poster on the House of Cavalry..."where boots are NOT made for walking". I suppose the life guards don't need to walk alot because they are always mounting horses. Of course, my boots have brought me around the city of London comfortably. Without them, I could not possibly walk the pedestrian walks and the cobbled streets of London. For me, boots are really made for walking.
It was raining quite heavily after the show, so we took refuge under the heavy canopy of the old beautiful trees at St James Park, overlooking the lake. There is a host of water fowls swimming and relaxing around the lake. No wonder they called it Duck Tours....It is London's Amazing Amphibious Adventure, as they branded themselves. The sightseeing tour goes on land as well as in the water of the Thames River. Typical of the ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers