Thursday, June 18, 2009

Elvis Presley - User of Vitamin E

My idol Elvis Presley too was a firm believer in the health properties of Vitamin E. Two years ago, our local TV station played a documentary video on the King of Rock to commemorate his sudden death in July 1977. I was watching intently his superb concert performance, amongst his last before his death. When he was interviwed by the press, he said he took Vitamin E to give him the energy! I thought at that time, way back in the swinging seventies, he must be taking vitamin E from soybean oil, probably not Vitamin E made from Palm Oil. (In the 70s, palm oil was just making its mark in the edible oils and fats market. It is only in 2009 that Palm Oil hit the world as the No I Oil.
The late Elvis Presley died due to an overdose of drugs. Coincidentally, I was on a honeymoon trip enroute to Montreal, Canada, with a couple of friends, Dr Suhaila Mohamed and Raja. We were cruising down the highway when there was a newsflash on the radio, announcing the death of this superstar. The news shocked the nation and I, a loyal silent fan of Elvis, was stunned for a minute. But I supposed The Almighty wanted him more than his own fans. To my idol Elvis, wherever you are, may you rest in peace...

1 comment:

  1. finally i found something interesting from someone from MPOB, well at least used too.

    I'm currently doing research in producing synthesis gas from Oil Palm Fronds to replace diesel and petrol in combustion engines, and i feel your blog will very much provide me with some significant sights in the pursuit to sound production.

    Will follow you from now on, Datin =D

    ReplyDelete

Followers